Our physical rehabilitation services include help you recover from surgery, injury and chronic pain.
From chronic pain to post-surgery recovery, rehabilitation is often a necessary treatment component, and at Health Quest we bring skill and compassion to every step. Whether you’re healing from an injury or surgery, struggling with arthritis, or dealing with the effects of heart or lung disease, cancer or stroke, we offer a wide range of physical rehabilitation options tailored to your needs.
Among our services are:
Working with You, When and Where You Need It
The rehabilitation team is multidisciplinary, made up of specialists from many departments. Your rehabilitative journey usually begins with a referral for therapy from your primary care doctor or specialist, such as an orthopedist, rheumatologist, pulmonologist, surgeon or physiatrist (a physician who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation). After evaluation, a program will be customized for you by one of our licensed physical, occupational, hand or speech therapists who will personally guide and monitor your progress. In many cases, you may be able to stay with the same therapist throughout the course of your recovery, or work with several professionals on different goals.
Depending on your condition, rehabilitation may be pursued at either our outpatient or inpatient facilities. If you require rehabilitation after surgery, you might begin your program in the hospital and continue afterwards with home visits until you are able to visit your doctor’s office.
Paul Rosenthal Rehabilitation Center
The Paul Rosenthal Rehabilitation Center serves patients with acute rehabilitation needs, usually following traumatic injury, debilitating disease or certain types of surgery. Located within Northern Dutchess Hospital, the Center is a 10-bed, state-of-the-art, acute rehabilitation facility with a spacious therapy gym. It also offers private modern rooms with private baths and a separate community dining room/activity area for family and friends.
The Thompson House
The Thompson House is a subacute, skilled nursing facility on the grounds of Northern Dutchess Hospital that specializes in the care and physical rehabilitation of residents with varying medical needs. Rehabilitation residents generally receive one to two hours of therapy a day.
The Paul Rosenthal Rehabilitation Center accepts most major insurance as well as Medicare, Medicaid and Worker’s compensation. You should contact your carrier if you have any questions or concerns. Our admission specialist will verify insurance coverage prior to your admission and will work with your insurer to guarantee the greatest degree of coverage. During the stay, the case coordinator will keep the patient/family informed of coverage.
Health Quest participates in most managed care plans. Private health insurance and Medicare are also accepted.
Certified hand therapists are an integral part of the Health Quest rehabilitation team. Working with a wide range of conditions, including fractures, tendonitis, amputations, arthritis, repetitive stress and nerve injuries, hand therapists focus on treatments that aim to both rehabilitate your injury and prevent future ones. For more information, see Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
Specialized Rehabilitation Programs
Health Quest offers a variety of rehabilitation programs specialized for various conditions:
- Cancer: For cancer surgery patients in need of scar management, risk reduction programs and customized exercise
- Cardiac: For anyone who has had heart surgery or experienced a major heart event
- Aging: Therapy and exercise for those 65 years and older to improve their movement and balance
- Lymphedema: For those experiencing swelling following the removal of lymph glands or as the result of other conditions
- Neurology: For those recovering from stroke or other neurological conditions
- Orthopedic: For those who have experienced an injury or amputation or are recovering from surgery, including joint replacement
- Pulmonary: For those struggling with COPD, asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis or have had a lung transplant
- Women's health: For women experiencing pregnancy pain, urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, lymphedema or in need of postpartum care