Receive expert ER care for trauma and other life-threatening conditions.
No one expects a health emergency, but when it happens, Health Quest is ready to help you as quickly as possible. Our Emergency Rooms are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and staffed by highly trained specialists in emergency medicine. Whether you’ve broken a bone, are experiencing extreme symptoms, or fear you’re having a heart attack or stroke, you will be treated with the highest quality care.
If you need an ambulance, stay calm and dial 911. Or ask someone to take you immediately to one of our ERs, located at our three hospitals.
When to Seek Emergency Care
Head straight for the Emergency Room if you are experiencing these conditions:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that won’t stop
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain or pressure
- Broken bones
- Partial or total amputation of a limb
- Trauma or injury to the head
- Sudden dizziness or difficulty seeing
- Change in mental status (i.e., unusual behavior, confusion or difficulty in waking up)
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Sudden, severe pain anywhere in the body
Health Quest Urgent Care services are also available when your primary care provider is not available and your condition is not life-threatening. For more information, see Urgent Care.
Emergency Medicine Team
Our emergency medicine team is staffed by board certified physicians with emergency medicine certification as well as registered nurses and other highly trained medical personnel. These professionals are all trained to handle the most critical patients. All licensed staff are also trained in advance cardiac life support for adults and pediatric patients.
Comfort, Care and State-of-the-Art Equipment
Our emergency medicine departments are equipped with the latest technologies to ensure your best care and comfort while facing life-threatening health crises:
- High-tech treatment and observation suites for the most critical patients in need of constant monitoring
- Decontamination isolation room for patients presenting with any suspected biological or chemical contamination
- Sophisticated video surveillance system, which monitors the entire ER
- Centralized triage area, bedside registration and a large waiting room for families and children
- Dedicated physician consultation room offering a private and comfortable area for physicians to update family members on the status of a loved one
Innovative Tracking Systems
To enhance our ER care, all of our hospitals have installed a completely online electronic medical record system. This innovative program tracks the status of your care — from arrival to discharge — improving our efficiency and promoting your safety every step of the way. The wireless system features plasma screen monitoring, which allows clinicians to receive your medical records and personal history more quickly from your primary care providers as well as immediately view lab orders, X-rays and bed availability. This facilitates better communication among our staff and reduces your wait time so you are treated faster and more efficiently. It also keeps your primary care provider in the loop for follow-up care.