Learn how to work with your diabetes, not against it.
If you have diabetes, the Putnam Hospital Center Diabetes Self-Management program can help you learn the self-care skills that can enhance your treatment regimen and promote better health. Taught by a certified diabetes nurse educator and a registered dietitian, this program offers individual or group instruction to those newly diagnosed with the disease or long-term diabetic patients who would like a refresher.
This comprehensive program covers:
- Diabetes overview
- Monitoring blood glucose
- Nutritional management
- Preventing, detecting and treating acute and chronic complications
- Incorporating physical activity
- Dealing with stress and social adjustment
- Goal setting and problem solving to promote health
- Promoting preconception care for pregnancy and gestational diabetes, when applicable
For more information, please call the Putnam Hospital Center Diabetes Self-Management Program at (845) 279-5711, Ext. 2779.
National Diabetes Prevention Program
Check Out Our New Blog