A wide range of services to help meet patients’ growing needs for specialized in-home care.
If you or a loved one requires rehabilitative therapy or nursing care in your home, Health Quest Home Care is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care with a commitment to help you regain independence and recover in the comfort of your own home.
Our home care team is made of up of skilled nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, medical social workers and home health aides certified to provide advanced care. Your care plan is customized to your medical needs and is always managed by a registered nurse.
Our agency, a Health Quest affiliate, is accredited by the Joint Commission and has been serving our community since 1987. Health Quest Home Care has achieved national recognition as a Home Care Elite Agency every year since 2009.
We provide adult and pediatric patients with services including:
- Physical, occupational and/or speech therapy to keep you on the path to recovery
- Wound care for pressure sores or surgical wounds
- Intravenous therapy and nutrition
- Injections or other physician-prescribed treatments
- Dementia care
- Monitoring of serious illness
- Patient and disease management education
- Medical social services to help with psychological and social issues
- Help with daily activities like bathing
As a Medicare certified home health agency serving Dutchess County, we offer you and your family caring and compassionate solution for home health services.
Home Health Services
We offer a wide range of services to help meet patients’ growing needs for specialized in-home care.
Skilled nurses are registered nurses who are certified to deliver care in your home. They coordinate your care plan with your referring doctor, managing, observing and evaluating the progress of your care. The team will conduct a needs assessment and then coordinate your tailored care plan.
Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
Our physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists are dedicated to helping you regain the mobility and strength you need to get back to everyday life. Our therapists help you meet the therapy goals outlined by your doctor.
Physical therapy includes exercises to get joints and muscles moving and working properly. This may be part of a post-joint replacement or other surgery recovery plan, or prescribed by your doctor.
Occupational therapy helps you re-learn the tasks of daily living, such as tying your shoes or dressing yourself.
Speech therapy helps you re-learn how to speak and/or swallow.
Similar to skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy are considered skilled care by Medicare.
Our skilled nurses are trained and certified to safely provide infusion care in your home. Infusion care includes delivery of IV antibiotics, Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) and enteral nutrition and other medications prescribed by your doctor.
Whether a result of surgery, injury or pressure sores, our wound care specialists develop a plan to ensure your wound heals safely. They will change your dressings to help ensure the wound heals properly and without complications.
Disease Management and Additional Care
We can also provide tailored care and disease management programs for adults who have chronic diseases, including diabetes or congestive heart failure. We can assist pregnant women and new mothers who have health issues. Our certified home health aides can help you with bathing and other light activities to improve your daily life. And our medical social workers assist patients who require psychological and social help.
If you have questions or would like to make arrangements for Health Quest Home Care services, please call: (845) 471-4243. TTY/Accessibility: (800) 421-1220.
Please have your referring doctor fill out this form:
Documentation of Face-to-Face Encounter & Order for Services (PDF)
Who Pays for Home Care?
A first concern for many facing the need for home care is who will pay for it. Home care can be paid for by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance. Our social workers will work with you to explain your options and ensure you have access to the care you need.
What is the Medicare Home Care Benefit?
If you are covered under Medicare, you are entitled to 100 percent reimbursement for all covered services. You don’t need to have been hospitalized previously for your condition. Also, you can have as many visits as you need as long as the following conditions are met:
- You are homebound (not necessarily bedridden but unable to leave home without challenge). If you do leave home, it should be of short duration or to receive medical treatment.
- You are under the care of a physician who is willing to sign a plan of care that includes home care services and have had an in-person (face-to-face) meeting with your physician within the past three months.
- You will receive care in your place of residence.
- You require primary qualifying services, such as physical or speech therapy, only on an intermittent basis. Should you qualify, you can then receive secondary services such as a home health aide, occupational therapy and medical social services.
- You need skilled nursing and/or home health aide service only on an intermittent or part-time basis.
Contact Health Quest Home Care
Health Quest Home Care
2649 South Road, Suite 220
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Phone: (845) 471-4243
TTY/Accessibility: (800) 421-1220